INTERACTIVE BOOKS COLLECTION
Features 8 books of interesting facts and captivating, full-color photographs. Each page of each book will enchant, delight, and enlighten the reader.
Includes Informative Facts, Innovative Conversation Starters, and Practical Activities
Features Vivid Photography and Large-Print Text written in Clear, Concise, Easy-to-Read Sentences
One of the biggest challenges for health-care professionals and home caregivers is the issue of maintaining meaningful communication with a memory-impaired adult. Shadowbox Press books offer a variety of titles that are designed to provide an easy and effective way to improve the quality of communication between caregivers and memory-impaired adults. They have been developed to evoke memories, initiate conversation, and supply mental and physical stimulation. Our books are comprised of three unique sections: The STORY, CONVERSATION STARTERS, and ACTIVITIES.
- Designed to entertain, inform, inspire, and/or educate
- Developed to evoke memories and encourage opportunities to reminisce
- Fosters an interest in reading
- Engaging photos and large-print text written in easy-to-comprehend sentences
- Features a combination of close-ended (yes or no) and open-ended questions
- Questions directly correlate to individual sets of pages from the STORY
- Designed to prompt a dialog from past experiences, events and/or relationships
- Provides an opportunity to share special memories and unique experiences
- Designed to provide additional mental and physical enrichment
- Based on sensory stimulation, creative expression, and physical movement
- Corresponds to the overall theme of each book
- Essential to overall good health and emotional well-being
"I really like how the Dogs and Puppies book could be used to supplement an animal assisted therapy program in a home or long term care facility. There are so many interesting pictures and activities to discuss and engage in after the therapy dogs leave. You could actually build an entire program around the visit and the use of the Dogs and Puppies book."
~ Linda L. Buettner, PhD, LRT, CTRS
Delta Society Pet Partner Instructor
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
|stages||Middle Stage, Late Stage|